Kids Exchange Network is a network of private providers administered by the Travis County Domestic Relations Office.
This program helps children and their parents with parenting issues and aids those who are experiencing difficulties with divorce or separation. The services can be ordered by the court to assure custodial or visitation terms of a decree are carried out.
Family Access Services
Provides neutral site for custody exchanges between parents and supervised visits for families dealing with divorce, separation, domestic violence, child abuse, protection orders, threats or family reintegration.
Boystown National Hotline
You can also text VOICE to 20121
Available 24/7, 365 days a year, the Boys Town National Hotline is staffed by trained counselors who can give advice and find help for a wide range of issues, from addiction and suicidal thoughts to adolescent defiance and other issues. Boys Town parenting experts have a wealth of experience in a broad variety of parenting subjects. This research-backed information is available for free in the parenting section of the Boystown website.
Find help healing for the hurt of separation and divorce. DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will talk alongside you through on of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. This faith based/non-denominational 13 session series is offered once per school semester.
Help your children heal from the pain of divorce with the help of DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K). DC4K groups blend games, music, stories, videos, and discussion to help kids process the divorce and move forward. Groups meet weekly and are designed for children ages 5-12.
Center for Effective Parenting
The Center for Effective Parenting positively impacts children by helping parents and those who work with parents enhance their knowledge, skills, and attitudes regarding parenting. The Center focuses on training, service, and research in order to have a broad impact in facilitating the healthy growth and development of children.
Fathering Resources Online
This site focuses on issues related to fathering and divorce. Includes an online message board and links to a broad range of issues including child support, visitation, stepfamilies, and links to a variety of international fathers’ sites.
For Kids Sake
Helps parents replace the outdated, negative tools with positive techniques that empower children and their development. Access phone consultations for parenting questions, private parent consultations, parenting workshops and coaching.
- Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents by Christine Carter, Ph.D.
- The New Adolescence: Raising Happy and Successful Teens in an Age of Anxiety and Distraction by Christine Carter, Ph.D.
- Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids, Ourselves and Our Society Thrive by Marc Brackett, Ph.D.
- How to Raise Successful People: Simple Lessons for Radical Results by Esther Wojcicki
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
- Mindful Co-Parenting: A Child-Friendly Path Through Divorce by Dr. Jeremy S. Gaies, Psy.D. and Dr. James B. Morris Jr., Ph.D.
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Your Divorce: Healthy, Effective Communication Techniques for Your Changing Family by Dr. Samantha Rodman
- Co-parenting 101: Helping Your Kids Thrive in Two Households after Divorce by Deesha Philyaw and Michael D. Thomas
- The Truth about Children and Divorce: Dealing with the Emotions so You and Your Children Can Thrive by Dr. Robert Emery
Podcasts for Kids
A Big List of Podcasts for Little Kids: New York Times 3/28/21
List of great shows to keep kids ages 2 through 6, and their caretakers, occupied
Stories Podcast: A Bedtime Show for Kids of All Ages
Circle Round: Folk Tales Told by Celebrity Readers
What If World: “What if?” Questions from Kids Spun Into Stories for Everyone
The Calm Kids Podcast: Relaxing Bedtime Stories by Kids for Kids
Kids Listen: Learning and Activity Podcasts
Girl Tales: Reimagined Fairytales for a New Generation
Aaron’s World: An Imaginative Science Podcast for Kids